Webinar Recording brought to you by BuyProperly Limited.
Hosted by BuyProperly CEO Khushboo Jha, and featuring guest panelist and Professor of Finance at The State University of New York, Dr. Chinmay Jain, this webinar engaged in an open and constructive discussion around investing accessibility.
- Targeted to younger and/or new investors
- Offers valuable, yet practical, learnings on how investors of all backgrounds can best discover and navigate the many options available to them
- Specific emphasis on the value of portfolio diversification, and real estate investment in particular
- For novice investors looking to mitigate risk, it is best to start with a broad-market based index, so you can invest in SPY, QQQ
- Portfolio diversification allows you to achieve a higher return rate for a given level of risk
- Individual real estate investors (either direct property investment owners, or investors through platforms like BuyProperly) tend to have higher rates of returns than those whom invest in REITS
Guest Panelist: Chinmay Jain, PHD
Dr. Chinmay Jain is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the State University of New York. Dr. Jain completed his Bachelor of Technology in Industrial Engineering from the India Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and earned his Doctorate in Finance from the University of Memphis, Tennessee. He received The Financial Review Best Paper Award for his co-authored research paper entitled: Shot Selling: The Impact of SEC Rule 201 of 2010. His research interests are short selling, market microstructure, and financial regulations.
Host: Khushboo Jha, CEO
Khushboo Jha is the CEO of BuyProperly Limited. She has an MBA from Wharton School, Univ of Pennsylvania, and a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur. She has over 10+ years of experience at Amazon, Deutsche Bank, and Accenture. She is a builder at heart and has built and launched two marketplaces within Amazon and has extensive experience leveraging AI for efficiency. She has lived and worked in US, UK, Canada, and India.